Hello 4th class,
I hope you all got on ok with the work for last week. Well done. I know it’s difficult to stay concentrating while you are at home. Remember to thank your parents for helping you and for correcting your work. Here is the work for next week 23rd – 27th March. I am dividing it into days for you this week. We have to do a little bit of Irish this week. The work from your text books has to be done and there is some laptop work at the end that is optional. It will be in a separate post. Scroll down to the end for homework.
Monday 23rd March 2020
- Operation Maths Pupils Book p107
- Read the part in Yellow.
- Q1 write short answers to 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, and 1e in your maths copy book.
- Operation Maths p108 – Skip question 2 at the top of the page.
- Do questions 1, 2, 3 and question 4 at the top of page 109 in your maths copy book.
- Read the Story of the Golden Harp in The Golden Harp p 96, 97 and 98.
- Write the answers to question A and B on p 99 in your English copy books.
- Remember for part A write full sentences with capital letters and full stops used correctly.
- For Part B one word answers are allowed.
Gaeilge: I am only giving you a little each day so please do it carefully.
- Abair Liom F p 90 and 91
- Just read the vocab and become familiar with it.
- (I said I’d only give you a little.)
Tuesday 24th March 2020
- Operation Maths Pupils Book p 109
- Read the yellow part.
- Do question 1 at the bottom of p 109 in your copy books.
- Do question 2 at the top of page 110 in your copy books.
- Read the yellow part in the middle of the page in your copy books.
- Do question 3 at the bottom of p 110 and q 4 at the top of 111 in your copy books.
- Re-read the story of the Golden Harp (p 96, 87 and 98 in The Golden Harp
- Do activity C p 99 and Activity D p 100. For Activity C write the full sentence and the Activity D write out the phrase that is the correct answer.
- Abair Liom F
- Read the top of p 92 carefully 3 times out loud. Make sure you understand all the words in it.
- Ar deireadh means in the end
- Ar a bhealach amach means on his way out.
Wednesday 25th March 2020
- Operation Maths Discovery Book 64 Starting Point question 1, 2 and 3. Write the answer in the Discovery book.
- Also p 64 question 1 at the bottom of the page. Write the answer in the discovery book.
- Operation Maths Discovery Book p 65 you can do question 2 at home. Instead of classroom door measure your kitchen door. Instead of whiteboard measure the width of a cupboard door. Instead of classmate measure the height of someone in your family. Cross out the word classroom door and write kitchen door above it.
- Operation Maths Discovery Book p 65 q 3. Remember to estimate first. An estimate isn’t a wild guess, your answer should be fairly accurate. To find the difference you just subtract the smaller number form the larger number.
- Re-read the story of THE Golden Harp
- We learn from this story that Tarren Morgan has strengths and weaknesses. Write some examples of her strengths and weaknesses in your English copies.
- Abair Liom F Read p 92 again.
- Answer the questions that are on p 92. Write out the question and the answer. Remember to write the date and to draw a margin.
Thursday 26th March 2020
- Operation Maths Pupils Book p111 Work it out.
- This is difficult. Do it slowly and carefully. I’ll put the answers on the blog next week.
- Write a short paragraph about how you would put the Golden Harp to use in Whitechurch National School if it were to arrive there.
- Also DO the Grammar activity E on p 100. Remember – only put the words the person actually says in between the quotation marks.
- Abair Liom F p 93
- Just read the comhrá (conversation) at the top of the page. If you can get three people to help you one of you could be daddy, one could be Seán, one could be Síofra and one could be mammy that would be great. I want you to read it 3 times out loud and make sure you understand all the words.
- Ró gheal = too bright
- Ní dóigh liom é = I don’t think so.
- Oireann = suit (ní oireann an dath sin duit = that colour doesn’t suit you)
- Uafásach = awful.
Friday 27th March 2020
- Operation Maths Pupils Book p111
- Read the yellow part at the bottom of the page carefully.
- Do Question 1 and 2 at the top of page 112 in the Operation Maths Pupils Book in your maths copy book.
- Word Wise p32
- Read the Passage “What an odd Mammal!
- Answer question A on p 33 in your English copy books. Remember to begin with the date and to answer with full sentences using capital letters and fullstops.
- Do the written activity at the bottom of p 93 in Abair Liom F. Write out the question and the answer. As always begin with the date and write neatly and carefully.
Homework for the week 23 /3 /2020 – 27 / 3 / 2020
- Mental Maths: p71, 72 and 73
- Number Facts: p 48 and 49
- Spell Well: 52 and 53
- Litrigh é Linn: 49 and 50
- Léigh sa Bhaile: pages 78, 79, 80 and 81. (Yes we have to do it.)
- English reading = at least 10 minutes a day.
Well done. I’ll put up the work for 30th March – 3rd April on Friday 27th March.
If your parents want to contact me they can email me and I’ll try to respond as quickly as I can.